Project Part - 1

 The Goal of this project is as follow:

"The goal for this project is to produce a proof-of-concept tool that will take code that meets specific conditions and automatically build it with ifunc capability to select between multiple, autovectorized versions of a function, to take advantage of the best SIMD implementation available on the CPU on which the code is running." (Chris Tyler)

Project Part 1

To work with the main function and function file I am going to used C or C++ language as the base language. And Visual Studio Code as IDE for writing and impelling the test that is provide by our professor as follow : https://github.com/ctyler/spo600-fall2022-project-test-code

Overall Project Working :

1) Get Input from Keyboard when run.

2) Running the parameters successfully.

3) The solution of the file should be capable of changing parameters of file inside it.

4) No bugs should be there and the file can change at any moment.

SOLUTION :

I plan to add ifunc function in C code to get my solution 

1) Has the three inbuilt function which is going to implement.

2) Can build any kind to solution which is going to be excepted.

3) Successful get output of the code.

4) Number of output can be obtain with changing the input in the solution.

CHALLENGE :

  • My aarch64 system still has a few bugs as it nears completion. The test environment needs to be stabilised, thus further effort is required.
  • I might have to spend a lot of time googling the issues you experience on Arm devices.I need more time to find a solution because I don't feel particularly comfortable writing SIMD, SVE, and SVE2 C functions three times.
  • I choose to utilise ifunc in my C source code, but ifunc might not perform properly. You must use the guide to resolve this issue.
I'm still learning how to code this project step-by-step, and I need to do more research to understand how to accept arguments and adapt to arch64. However, we want to use GitHub to track updates, rollbacks, and code maintenance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ifunc function

Lab2 - 6502 Assembly Language Lab(Calculation)

Lab1 - 2 Open Sources Packages